Friday, January 11, 2013

The Working MOM & Dinner

Another 25min Dinner

This time I set the stop watch on my phone to track my time. So on the way home I was thinking what I was going to make for dinner. My daughter had a game so I knew she would be hungry. I myself was not feeling to hot. It seems that our home is attracting any koodies in the air. Anyhow I'm at the stop light waiting to turn and do a mental scan of the pantry. 

This meal only ended up costing $6.73 to make. It came out to 1.68 per person! 
 

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c of rice $1.99 @ fresh & easy
3 c water FREE
1 onion .28 @ food 4 less
3 tomatoes .48 @ fresh & easy/ .98 for pk of 6
4 tbsp olive oil (1tbsp to saute rice/ 3 tbsp for vinegrette) already had in pantry 6.99 @ fresh & easy
1-2 tbsp of minced garclic or 1 clove of garlic, already had in pantry 3.50 @ big lots
1 can black beans .99 @ fresh & easy
Tortillas 2.99 @ food 4 less
salt to taste
pepper
cheese (optional) already had in the fridge 2lbs 4.09 @ food 4 less
hot sauce (optional)



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

25min DINNER



Like many of us out there I am a full time working mom outside of the home, and feel like I'm part time @ home :( So when we are all on our way home, fighting traffic and already exhausted from a long day. We get home to the question: Whats for dinner? Really! I haven't the slightest idea. So I check the fridge and yes I still haven't gone grocery shopping, hmmm. While scratching my head thinking the magic fridge genie will make something suddenly appear. I think okay woman you got this. So I rummage, looking thru the pantry, checking the freezer and then the crisper drawer. Wow, I have stuff that can feed the family. Guess what it will only take me 25mins to make. SWEET!

So here you go, I found:

Frozen chicken breast
Carrots (dice them up)
Tomatoes (dice'em up too)
1lb of Spaghetti (cook til al dente)
Minced garlic (use 2tbsp)
1 can of diced tomatoes (found while cooking, added almost at the end)
Olive oil ( used 2tbsp to cook chicken and about 3tbsp for pasta water)



As amazing as us women already are, we just keep getting better and better! My husband wanted to get pick up some burgers & fries. Take that Mr Man. And yes everyone liked it and got seconds! Pot was empty. Sometimes we need to get a little creative but we can produce small little miracles everyday. Hope this is helpful to somebody.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! This sounds and looks so tasty. Great photos! I hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Valentine's week

Here we are February 10th, for some of us this is the week of LOVE. For others the week of TURMOIL! Oh be still my heart with all of the red...