Thursday, January 17, 2013

Fast and Easy Dinner

Another 25min Dinner

I feel like I'm on a roll, when I get into the kitchen i feel like I should see a checkered flag somewhere.  3rd night another 25min meal. I'm saving money, feeding the family and not making myself totally crazy. Could I be onto something, maybe. Last night my daughter had a game, I left work went straight to the game. Towards the end my stomach was kinda growling (feed me seymore!) So I left as soon as the game ended. Did a quick glance into the freezer, fridge and cabinet. Here's what came out: 
TOTAL COST $6.98
Ingredients: 
2lbs of frozen pork chops $5.99 @ f&e
1 can of butter beans .99 @ f&e
1/2 onion diced
3 carrots diced
2tbsp olive oil
left over potatoes
2tbsp minced garlic
cornstarch (if you want thick sauce)
I used a 5qt pot to make this.
1. From my last few post you can probably tell I love to add onion & garlic to almost everything.
2. Saute diced onion and minced garlic in 2 tbsp of olive oil, after they are translucent add diced carrots and 2 pinches of salt. Give it a quick stir then add your frozen pork chops. With the burner on high cover the pot and let the veggies caramelize and the chops kinda steam.
3. Open your can of butter beans then drain.
4. After about 5min pork chops should have defrosted and start to break apart from one another. If not gently try to separate them. Then stir a few times and cover again still on med-high heat.
5. In a small sauce pan heat up your beans.
6. After 5min add 1c water to your pork chops, stir. depending on the thickness of your pork chops this meal is almost done. At this point if you want a nice thick sauce add 2tsp of cornstarch and stir again. Viola all done.
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow Tova! You are sure getting creative in the kitchen :) This looks so yummy. It's making my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete

Valentine's week

Here we are February 10th, for some of us this is the week of LOVE. For others the week of TURMOIL! Oh be still my heart with all of the red...