Monday, February 10, 2020

Valentine's week

Here we are February 10th, for some of us this is the week of LOVE. For others the week of TURMOIL! Oh be still my heart with all of the red and pink hearts floating around. 

For me personally this is the beginning of mid month. Which means I'm working harder and harder. Yes I am in love with a human who loves me in return, I just don't demand the over the top Valentine's day expectations. Honestly, he works until 10pm and I will have an 8am success seminar. So pretty much it will be a kiss and maybe my favorite candy (giant size) with a message written on it. I once told him, we don't need to celebrate Valentines. He asked, why? Well sir, you will adore me everyday of the year, so instead of the flowers cards and dinners I asked for a day of appreciation. 

Do you ever feel like the expectation for this holiday makes people crazy, I think more fights happen over gifts or plans more than than anything else. Do not be that person, remember why you're with the person next you. If you're alone then remember why, you raised your standards and not just anyone will do. Speaking the singles, really appreciate yourself.  Give yourself a gift and cater to your needs. 

Maybe this year skip the hype, share your favorite candy and just give each other a list of things you appreciate about them. But more than a list today just say I love and respect you. Then a tight hug and lick their face!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Valentine's week

Here we are February 10th, for some of us this is the week of LOVE. For others the week of TURMOIL! Oh be still my heart with all of the red...